Risk Management: Gauging the Implications of OSFI’s New Guidance on Crown Corporations
W. William Woods
President and CEO
Independent Review Inc.
OSFI’s new corporate governance guidelines apply strictly to financial institutions; however, there is an undercurrent that indirectly raises the bar for Crown corporations. Join us for a detailed overview of the OSFI guidelines, an analysis of what they mean for the future of Crown corporation transparency and compliance, a discussion of their impact on enterprise wide risk management, and how to prepare to be in “compliance” with the expected new norm.
- Analysis of how these guidelines may influence risk management in Crown corporations
- Enterprise risk management:
- Top strategies used to incorporate risk management within a governance framework
- Solutions to overcome challenges in establishing a comprehensive framework to manage risk and proactively identify new risks
- Learning the importance of establishing your company’s risk tolerance and appetite
- Practical strategies to implement early on
- Discussions of where can boards find additional guidance on what proactive risk management tasks should be addressed in their organization