What Buyers and Suppliers Need to Know to Secure and Match the Best Vendors and Contractors for the Job
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Operations
- Assessing organizational needs:
- Identifying core requirements
- Centralized or distributed purchasing: Which is best for you?
- Assessing the business, market and economic outlook
- Using in-house resources or outsourcing
- Developing vendor criteria
- Using local suppliers or sourcing internationally? What are the risks?
- Sourcing from small and medium enterprises; What are their special needs? How to communicate and bring them into the process?
- Identifying and creating the bid list
- Prequalifying suppliers; What criteria do you use?
- Incorporating transparency and fairness
- Benefits of automating the source list
- When should you refresh the bid list?
- How are supplier relationships changing?
- Understand how trade agreements may affect your source list
2. WRITING THE RFP