Attracting and Retaining Skilled Labour in a High Demand and Competitive Environment
The Alberta Council of Turnaround Industry Maintenance Stakeholders (ACTIMS), Construction Industry Stakeholders Association of Alberta (CISAA)
- How are we planning for the current and expected workforce requirements?
- What strategies are needed to help manage the craft labour shortage in a competitive marketplace?
- Current plans for investing in training and mentorship programs – what exists and what’s working?
- Exploring incentive programs to for incoming workforce to attract and retain quality workers
- What role can apprenticeships and foreign workers play? Are current federal and provincial programs enough?
- Assessing labour and skills requirements by working closely with labour providers, labour unions and owner stakeholders