Fundamentals of Commercial Contract Law for Supply Chain Professionals
Senior Partner and National Co-Chair Procurement & Sourcing Practice
Bennett Jones LLP
Possessing a solid foundation of commercial contract law as it evolves is essential for today’s supply chain professional. Understanding how to recognize and resolve legal issues that occur during the lifespan of a supply chain contract is critical to successful vendor management. This workshop will explore the legal concepts and elements of contract law to help procurement professionals manage their relationship successfully with their vendors and suppliers.
- Why are contracts needed?
- Examine the requirements for contracts. When are contracts formed?
- What are some typical structures for contracts?
- How can contracts serve your business strategy? When can they help mitigate risks?
- Identifying relevant statutes and regulations affecting contracts
- Examine the role of competition law. How can this affect your contracting strategy? What are the latest developments in competition law?
- Analysis of breaches, remedies and damages
- Explore the latest updates in contract law