How to Do Business with the Government Successfully: A Vendors Guide to Understanding the Government Procurement Process
McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Government procurement of goods and services is a significant market within Canada and a sizable business opportunity for vendors of goods and services. Becoming a supplier to the government requires extensive knowledge of the rules and conditions imposed upon the procurement process given a government’s duty to treat all bidders fairly and equally. This workshop will examine how the government purchases goods and services and will identify strategies and tips that can help vendors become a winning supplier to governments at all levels.
- Identifying government needs for goods and services; What are the sources of information?
- What are the laws, rules and guidelines which control government procurement?
- Examine government procurement principles and policies
- What are the government’s obligations towards vendors?
- How are bids solicited and how do you respond?
- Explore how are bids evaluated and how the contract winner is decided?