R. K. Friesen
RCMP Legal Advisory Section – Department of Justice Canada
- The role of police in dealing with protests
- Balancing competing rights
- Charter issues
- If an injunction is required, who gets it?
- Under what circumstances will a court grant an injunction?
- What evidence will justify limiting freedom of expression in the interests of public order?
- Elements of an effective injunction
- What should be in it?
- Use of templates
- Enforcing injunctions
- Civil remedies vs. criminal charges, such as mischief
[Kyle Friesen was an] “Excellent speaker, highlight of the day”
– Mike Proctor, S/Sgt Ops. Support NCO, RCMP Edmonton, 2013 participant