Top Cases of the Year
Field LLP, Edmonton
- Important discipline cases
- The test for grounds for dismissal of a police officer
- Charter breaches as disciplinary misconduct
- Do police have a duty to produce draft investigative reports?
- Appellate cases involving the LERB
- The Land decision: How should Chiefs decide whether to send
a matter to a disciplinary hearing?
- Should they assess credibility?
- Examples of how a set of facts could go either way depending on the threshold
- Judicial interpretation of the B.C. Police Act amendments and
what it means going forward
- Judicial reviews
- An update on the YVR perjury prosecutions
- Burridge at the BCCA
- Unionization of the RCMP at the SCC
- Application of labour law principles to police discipline