An Essential Primer on Accident Benefits
- Examining the latest amendments to the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule effective February 1, 2014
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)’s revised Minor Injury Guideline (MIG) and Treatment and Assessment Plan (OCF-18).
- Defining minor injuries in accordance with the Minor Injury Guideline
- An in-depth guide to filling out Accident Benefit Claims forms
- Economic loss: understanding what is required and how to ensure proper documentation
- Catastrophic impairment: determining when a claim meets the legal threshold
- Effectively reviewing and summarizing medical documentation
- Best practices for following up on undertakings and productions
Barbara O’Gorman has over twenty years of progressive responsibility as a law clerk. She regularly attends and successfully resolves accident benefit issues on behalf of victims at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. She regularly participates as a team member on both Non- Catastrophic and Catastrophic cases. She has extensive knowledge of the various Statutory Accident Benefits Schedules and, in particular, issues related to catastrophic impairments.